For those who don’t know, FATE farming is the fastest way to gain experience in FFXIV: ARR. FATEs are dynamic events that spawn throughout the various regions of Eorzea. Based on your participation in the FATE, you earn experience and additional rewards, such as Grand Company seals. By quickly moving from one FATE to another for an extended period of time with a large group, you can level up very quickly.
Regions for FATEs
Please consider the follow list as a reference for which zone you should be farming FATEs in, depending on your level. While I won’t go into great detail about priority of FATEs, please note there are specific FATEs in each zone that yield much higher experience than others and these should be prioritized.
- 1-12: Horizon in Western Thanalan (Thanalan)
- 13-20: Aleport in Western La Noscea (La Noscea)
- 21-30: Quarrymill in South Shroud (Black Shroud)
- 28-34: Wineport / Costa Del Sol in Eastern La Noscea (La Noscea)
- 30-38: Dragonhead in Coerthas Central Highlands (Coerthas)
- 38-42: Revenant’s Toll in Mor Dhona
- 42-50: Ceruleum Processing Plant in Northern Thanalan (Thanalan)
Rule of thumb: If more than 50% of the FATEs spawning in your zone require you to sync your level down, you should move on to a higher level zone.
Hopefully this helps everyone out in gaining some quick experience and providing clarity to what FATE areas are most effective for your level. I’d like to quickly thank Tier Two Free Company members Raptiq and Xaeius for helping out with the content of this guide.