ESO: Best Add-ons & Settings
Updated for Murkmire (2018)!
Elder Scrolls Online provides one of the most rich experiences in the market when it comes to MMOs. That said, ESO launched in 2014 and contains a large amount of content, including various systems which may seem overwhelming, and a combat system which feels more engaging than many of its competitors. This may feel overwhelming to some – or maybe just a desire to optimize and maintain better control during your time in game. This is where Ad-dons come into play – let’s jump into my recommended add-ons and game settings to make a more enjoyable (and efficient) experience in Tamriel!
Alright, add-ons. This is a listing of those I found useful, along with a quick summary of what each add-on brings to the table. Note, these are not required, but rather a means to enhance your time in game. Reminder: Minion is the preferred app to manage your addons.
Please note, I’ve marked the high priority add-ons with **. If there are any add-ons not listed here, which you recommend, please share in the comments!
- Advanced Filters ** – adds some filters to inventory for more granular sorting.
- AI Research Grid – shows which traits you have researched for easy reference.
- Auto Recharge ** – automatically recharges and repairs your weapons/armor when out of combat.
- Champion Point Respec – adds UI for saving champion point specs.
- Combat Metrics ** – your DPS meter and log analysis tool.
- DarkUI – adds a darker theme treatment to the UI, bit cleaner look.
- Destinations ** – adds pins to your map for points of interest, including achievement locations.
- Dolgubon’s Lazy Writ Crafter ** – auto completion for daily crafting writs, huge time saver.
- Dressing Room Reborn ** – adds UI for saving gear and skill sets.
- Dustman ** – marks vendor trash and automatically sells at vendor.
- EasyTravel – commands to quickly travel to locations, convenient when in large guilds (saves money / time).
- Harven’s Improved Skills Window – adds UI enhancements to the skills window.
- Harven’s Trait and Style – adds UI enhancements to item tooltips.
- HarvestMap – adds resource nodes and chest pins to the world map, as you discover them.
- Inventory Grid View – improved grid view for inventory management.
- Lootdrop – customizable loot history, much cleaner than native (disable native if using).
- LoreBooks ** – adds pins to all undiscovered lore books on world map.
- Lost Treasure – adds treasure pins to world map.
- Lui Extended ** – UI rehaul with lots of customization, including buff tracking. Put some time into configuring this to your liking!
- MultiCraft – adds ability to craft an item multiple times, very useful.
- No, thank you! – adds ability to suppress unwanted messages and notifications.
- pChat – enhancements and customization to the chat.
- Potion Maker – adds UI for much easier potion crafting.
- PvpMeter – some UI additions/enhancements for various forms of PvP.
- Quest Map – adds pins to world map, showing incomplete quests, for completionists.
- RaidNotifier Updated – visual warnings for encounter mechanics.
- Ravalox’ Quest Tracker ** – custom quest tracker, much better than native.
- Research Assistant – enhances booicasinoplay inventory to show if an item is intricate, ornate, or able to research.
- SkyShards ** – adds pins to skyshards on world map.
- Tamriel Trade Center ** – used in coordination with the TTC desktop app to add price check functionality to tooltips and right click on item.
- Urich’s Skill Point Finder ** – adds UI for showing where remaining skill points can be found.
- Votan’s Achievement Overview – enhancements to the achievement UI.
- Votan’s Fisherman – enhancements to the fishing experience, saves successful bait/fish to pools.
- Votan’s Improved Quest ** – enhancements to the quest listing on the world map UI.
- Votan’s Keybinder ** – adds support for account-wide keybindings
- Votan’s Minimap ** – lightweight, customizable minimap, using the world map.
- Votan’s Rune Tooltips – enhancements to rune tooltips.
- WPamA (What Pledges at my Alts) ** – adds UI for daily/weekly lockouts/pledges, as well as lots of useful information for alts, extremely useful.
- Zolan’s Auto Repair ** – automatically repairs your gear/weapons when at a vendor.
Outside of add-ons, there are some native game settings you change to improve the experience as well.
- Combat Cues – This is the most important setting you should be enabling. Telegraphs (bad stuff on ground) are extremely important to identify. Combat cues allow you to change the look of these. Turn them bright pink and never stand in bad again! [preview]
- Auto Loot – Dealing with loot is often a major time sink, so ensure you have consolidated area and auto loot enabled to save some time and allow you to focus on the fun. [preview]
- Camera – These settings will likely vary between folks, based on preference. But putting time into calibrating your camera is a must. The attached preview shows my settings, playing on an UltraWide monitor. [preview]