Grond the Corpsemaker is the first boss in the WildStar dungeon, Ruins of Kel’Voreth. This guide covers the normal, level 20 difficulty of the encounter.
For this fight, everyone should be aware of surrounding bone traps, as they will snare you if you get knocked back into them.
- Tank and spank in middle of room, maximizing distance between bone traps
- Melee should stand to the side, behind back left leg, to avoid front and back aoe (insert name here)
- Biggest threat is Trash, a counter-clockwise spinning straight line aoe, sprint to the counter-clockwise to avoid or interrupt after he begins the animation
- Once he nears 30%, Grond will cast a large circular telegraph called Bellow, do your best to avoid as it has a disarm and knockback
- Summons three weak adds that can be killed in traps if you’re feeling fancy, or just DPS’d
- Below 30% he gains an ability called Mutiliate which will charge at a player and then cast a heavy damage conal aoe
- At this stage pop cooldowns to stay alive and bring him down quickly to minimize damage done to the group
- Phase 1 – Melee behind back left leg, watch positioning near bone traps, interrupt Trash, dodge Bellow
- Phase 2 – Dodge Mutilate (if possible), pop cooldowns, bring him down
Looking For A Guild?
We are happy to announce <Crux> will be the official WildStar guild of the LagBot Network, a network for games and their gamers. <Crux> is a community-centered guild with a focus on helping each other improve and have a good time playing WildStar. Here, you’ll find players ranging from progression raiders to casual weekend players, all with a goal of building long-lasting relationships and enjoying the hell out of WildStar. Whether you’re into PvE, PvP, crafting or doing laps around main cities – you’re more than welcome. Register and toss us a message letting us know you’ll be joining us on our forums at forum.lagbot.org!