WildStar: Stormtalon Guide
Stormtalon is the third boss in the WildStar dungeon, Stormtalon’s Lair. This guide covers the normal, level 20 difficulty of the encounter.
- Tank and spank
- Melee should stay on the side to avoid frontal attack Chomp
- Casts Lightning Strike that will knock targeted players down if hit, often resulting in repeated strikes
- Will knock players back and stun them while casting Static Wave, a room wide telegraph that grows inwards towards Stormtalon
- Players must run to Stormtalon and interrupt or sustain heavy damage
- Casts Lightning Storm, similar to normal targeted strikes but many more of them and damage persists for a few seconds afterwards
- At around 60% will switch to phase 2
- Same as phase 1 with one new mechanic
- Stormtalon will casts Lightning Rod on a random player as he covers the entire room in a persistent telegraph
- Only safe zone is focused on that player, party must converge together to avoid damage
- While in safe zone, repeated Lightning Strikes will target the focused player
- Keep strafing in sync to avoid Lightning Strikes, try not to make sporadic movements if you’re the focused player
- Repeat till dead
- Phase 1 – Avoid telegraphs, quickly run back to interrupt Static Wave when knocked back
- Phase 2 – Stay in safe zone, keep moving together to avoid Lightning Strikes
Looking For A Guild?
We are happy to announce <Crux> will be the official WildStar guild of the LagBot Network, a network for games and their gamers. <Crux> is a community-centered guild with a focus on helping each other improve and have a good time playing WildStar. Here, you’ll find players ranging from progression raiders to casual weekend players, all with a goal of building long-lasting relationships and enjoying the hell out of WildStar. Whether you’re into PvE, PvP, crafting or doing laps around main cities – you’re more than welcome. Register and toss us a message letting us know you’ll be joining us on our forums at forum.lagbot.org!