Recommended Group Composition
- 2x Tanks
- 2x Healers
- 4x DPS
- If tanked close to each other, they gain a damage buff, so tank them on opposite sides of the room.
- Toth will leap to Zorn throughout the encounter.
- Tank on Zorn will get knocked back – be sure to have your back against the wall.
- Players near leap impact area or in front of Zorn will receive a “Fearful” debuff, which amplifies all incoming damage from Zorn as well as reduces damage done to Zorn.*
- Zorn will throw rocks at anyone within 25m range. Only the tank and possibly his healer should be getting hit by this, as ranged should be within 25m-30m range to avoid the damage.
- Zorn will periodically put “Mental Anguish” on everyone in melee range via his “Shriek” ability. This should be cleansed immediately.
- Zorn should be faced away from the raid, as he does cone damage with Force Scream.
- During this ability, constant AOE damage will occur.
- Also, red circles will appear on the ground that do a good amount of damage and knock you into the air.
- Tank the two away from each other, killing them at the same time. One enrages when the other dies, which stacks with the enrage timer enrage.
- Split into two groups (Tank, Healer, 2x DPS in each)
- DPS will always attack the same target – Keep any melee on Toth to avoid Zorn’s rock throw.
- The biggest hurdle for most groups is going to be DPS positioning to avoid the “Fearful” debuff from Zorn. To do this, only ranged DPS should be on Zorn, staying max range to avoid 15m AoE, and directly behind Zorn to ensure they avoid the “Fearful” cone.
- When Toth leaps to Zorn, AOE damage occurs. Tanks should swap aggro and bring it back to their side. Tanks/Healers will always be on the same side the whole encounter.
- After the first leap, there are two phases that alternate every leap for the duration of the encounter. Rinse, repeat:*
- Zorn throws rocks (25m range) – This can be easily avoided by the majority of the raid.
- Zorn screams, causing a raid-wide AoE and red circles to spawn on the ground – don’t stand in these and top everyone off. Keeping people topped off is the top priority, even for DPS with off-healing capabilities. Zorn should be faced away from the raid.
- Zorn will apply a DoT – “Mental Anguish”. This hurts and should be cleansed immediately.
- If for some reason, a DPS is hit with the “Fearful” debuff, they should switch to DPS Toth until it falls off.
- Stacking up for AoE heals through the fight will make it much easier on the healers, allowing them to focus more on the tanks.
- AoE stomps throughout the encounter – avoid when possible. They only really hurt during the red circle scream phase.
Hard Mode Strategy
- When the “Mental Anguish” DoT is applied, a stacking “Weakness” debuff is also applied, causing the affected to do less damage. Again, these should be cleansed immediately.
- When Zorn begins throwing rocks, Toth enrages and turns yellow. At this point, a random player will be targeted with a yellow circle. That player should quickly run to Toth and stand on his butt. When the yellow circle turns purple, they should immediately get out and get back into position. This purple circle notes where Zorn will throw a giant boulder and when it hits Toth, it removes his enrage.
Nightmare Mode Strategy
- Coming Soon.
- Two groups, one on each boss – Kill at the same time.
- Face bosses away from the raid, tank’s back angled against a wall.
- DPS always attack same boss.
- Tanks swap bosses after every leap.
- Cleanse debuffs immediately.
- DPS on Zorn stay max range, directly behind Zorn to avoid the “Fearful” debuff.
- [Hard Mode] Player with yellow circle under them should stand on Toth’s butt until it turns purple, then run out.
Items noted with * have still yet to be 100% confirmed as accurate.