LOTRO – Fastest Leveling (Warg-pens)
* Updated for Mordor: 21.3 *
Hello kin! With Mordor’s release, we’ve got a new level cap of 115 to reach! Now, you can go the traditional route of questing through Mordor (which you’ll want to do anyways, for gated content), but if you’re looking for some quick leveling – I’ve got you!
Starting at level 65, you will unlock an small fellowship (3-man) instance called ‘Warg-pens of Dol Guldur’. By queuing for this instance a few levels below your current level, you can quickly solo clear two quests in the instance for some good experience, then leave and repeat. The benefit to grinding in this way is very efficient experience per hour. Below is a quick run-down, give it a shot and let me know how it works for you!
How to level quickly to 115
- Solo queue for ‘Warg-pens of Dol Guldur’ 3-4 levels below your current level.
- Feel free to bump this up if you feel comfortable or are in a group.
- Kill Wargs and Goblins to complete their two quests as quickly as possible.
- Ignore all other quests and don’t kill the first boss.
- Once the two quests are completed, exit the instance, and rinse / repeat.
- Important – Between clears, you need to change the difficulty to reset. If you just did a 105, change to 104 or 106 and alternate each run.
- Also worth noting, there is an instance cap per hour you may run into. At that point, take a break or do a full clear.
- Focus on speed clearing. Remember, we’re aiming for most XP per hour.
- To speed things up, use XP buffs from the LOTRO store.
- To REALLY speed things up, get a 115 friend to carry you w/ XP buffs.