FFXIV – Optimal Retainer Leveling
Updated for Stormblood – Patch 4.1!
In FFXIV, each player can have Retainers, which not only act as your interface for selling items on the Market Board, but can also be leveled by sending them out on ventures to acquire materials and items. The current retainer level cap is 70, and more retainers can be purchased through MogStation.
- Utilize Quick Explorations on cooldown, as possible while playing.
- Send on highest level Exploration Mission available when logging off for an extended time.
- Rinse, repeat until each retainer is level 70!
- Keep an eye on your Ventures stock and replenish as necessary.
- Update your retainers gear with “Gathering” stats every 5 levels.
- Gathering Retainers are more moneyslots profitable early in the expansion, while Battle Retainers are more profitable later in the expansion.
- Always check the Market Board value of what your Retainers bring back, as there are rare finds which are quite valuable.
- MogStation has a RMT item to boost a Retainer to level 60.