SWTOR: Firebrand and Stormcaller Guide
Recommended Group Composition
- 2x Tanks
- 2x Healers
- 4x DPS
- When one boss dies, the other enrages.
- Double Destruction – Casted ability by Stormcaller that increases damage taken and adds a DoT to the closest two targets.
- Incinerate Armor – Casted by Firebrand on his tank, amplifies damage taken by Firebrand.
- Firebrand has a frontal cone.
- Stormcaller has a “cleave”.
- Defensive Systems – Two shields spawn with a generator and adds under each.
- Offensive Systems – Mortar volley hits entire raid and damages the shields.
- Stormcaller’s tank will also have lightning generators spawn on top of him throughout this phase, which do considerable ticking AoE damage.
- Split up into two groups.
- It helps to have a Sage on Stormcaller’s side to help with AoE heals.
- Ensure Firebrand and Stormcaller are both facing the front. Each group will stand to the side of each tank. Stormcaller’s group can actually stack on the side of the tank, very close to his turret for AoE heals. And Firebrand’s side should do the same, but have one ranged DPS stay at ranged (yellow pillar and lightning spire will always spawn on them).
- When Stormcaller casts Double Destruction, the tank should drop off Stormcaller, behind the group. This way, the group will receive the debuff, not the tank. Once they receive the debuff, they can then move forward again and prepare to tank swap. This will also help with lightning spire drops on Stormcaller’s side during Defensive System transitions.
- Shortly after Double Destruction, Firebrand will cast Incinerate Armor on his tank – this requires an immediate tank swap. This is a rinse-repeat process for the duration of the encounter.
- On Firebrand’s side, a person will be targeted with a yellow pillar debuff. This debuff will quickly fall off and drop a purple circle on the ground. Get out of of the purple circle immediately.
- It’s more efficient to have the DPS and heals on Firebrand’s side stack up on the side of Firebrand, much like Stormcaller’s side does. However, one ranged DPS should stay out – as he will be the only one targeted by the yellow pillar debuff and the lightning spires. Just try not to stand where the shields spawn for the Defensive Systems phase, as to not have lightning spires block the shield.
- 3x times throughout the fight, the tanks will engage Defensive Systems.
- A red shield will spawn on each side (two on each for 16man) with a generator and adds under it. Everyone with the exception of Stormcaller’s tank should quickly run under the shield and single target DPS the adds. Cleave damage will destroy the generator and leave you vulnerable to the mass AoE that is occurring outside of the shield.
- Stay under the shield until the mortar volley ends, then re-engage your assigned boss, avoiding red circles along the way.
- During the shield phase, Stormcaller’s tank will have to stay outside of the shield, as he will be targeted with lightning generators that drop on top of him every few seconds. The tank should run around, dropping the generators neatly along the perimeter of Stormcaller, while staying in range of heals, leaving a path open for the raid to get back to Stormcaller.
- Rinse and repeat and you’ll be good to go.
Hard Mode Strategy
- Also on Firebrand’s side, lightning spires will spawn in ranged – avoid them. This will occasionally spawn on Stormcaller’s side – shift accordingly.*
- During the Defensive Systems phase, the red shields will spawn in a random position. Position yourself between your assigned boss and the shield closest to you. The boss will knock you back into the shield, allowing you do sneak in a few more seconds of DPS.
Nightmare Mode Strategy
- Coming Soon.
- Split up into two groups, AoE heals on Stormcaller’s side.
- Tank should back up and increase distance when Double Destruction occurs. Quickly get move back in when it’s completed and prepare to tank swap.
- Tank swap when Incinerate Armor is applied on Firebrand’s tank.
- Get under shields when they spawn, single target DPS the adds, not the generator.
- Stormcaller tank will kite and drop lightning generators – avoid them.
- Cleanse yellow pillar debuff on Firebrand’s side immediately, then move out of the circle.
Items noted with * have still yet to be 100% confirmed as accurate.